We can work this out
If you wish to sort out financial issues arising from separation and your objective is to do so in an amicable, fair and balanced way, then this can be an option for you.
Collaborative law is simply about reaching solutions together to try and ease the pain of the breakdown of the relationship and hopefully create a better chance of having a brighter future.
Help us help you
For the collaborative law process to be successful, both parties require:
- A genuine desire to make it work
- A willingness to disclose, fully and honestly information about all assets
- Skilled trained lawyers who are practised in working in the new collaborative way
- An agreement that you will reach a solution without going to court
The benefits of collaborative law:
- By maintaining contact with your former partner you can ensure you have the best understanding of each other's wishes and can strive to find the right solutions
- Whilst having the benefit of your own divorce solicitor you are still in control without the threat of court proceedings over you
- All arrangement dates are flexible, as they are made by you, not the court
- You decide which financial or family matters to discuss
- If children are involved, they can see the two of you can still cooperate in such circumstances
When children are involved in circumstances of divorce or separation then the collaborative law process is often the most beneficial step to consider.